CTET December 2023 Notification, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Date: The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is a national-level examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to determine the eligibility of candidates for teaching posts in central government schools, Kendriya Vidyalayas, Navodaya Vidyalayas, and other schools affiliated with the CBSE.
CTET December 2023 Application Form
The CTET December 2023 application form is expected to be released in October or November 2023 on the official website of the CBSE, ctet.nic.in. Candidates will be able to apply for the exam online by creating an account on the website and filling up the application form. The application fee for the CTET exam is Rs. 1000 for both papers and Rs. 500 for a single paper.
CTET December 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the CTET exam, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Paper 1: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in any stream and a valid teacher training qualification, such as B.Ed, D.El.Ed, or NCTE-recognized equivalent.
- Paper 2: Candidates must have a master’s degree in any stream with at least 55% marks and a valid teacher training qualification, such as B.Ed, D.El.Ed, or NCTE-recognized equivalent.
CTET December 2023 Exam Date
The CTET December 2023 exam is expected to be held in December 2023. The exact date of the exam will be announced by the CBSE later.
CTET Exam Pattern
The CTET exam is conducted in two papers:
- Paper 1: This paper is for candidates who aspire to teach classes 1 to 5. The paper consists of 150 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from four sections: Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, and Mathematics.
- Paper 2: This paper is for candidates who aspire to teach classes 6 to 8. The paper consists of 150 MCQs from four sections: Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, and Mathematics/Science/Social Science.
The CTET exam is a computer-based test (CBT) conducted in two sessions. The duration of each session is 2 hours 30 minutes.
The CTET result is expected to be declared within 6 weeks of the exam date. Candidates can check their results on the official website of the CBSE.
Candidates who qualify the CTET exam are awarded a CTET certificate. The CTET certificate is valid for a lifetime.
Tips for Preparing for the CTET Exam
Here are some tips for preparing for the CTET exam:
- Start preparing early and give yourself enough time to cover the entire syllabus.
- Make a study plan and stick to it.
- Collect good quality study materials, such as textbooks, reference books, and practice tests.
- Solve practice tests regularly to assess your preparation and identify areas where you need to improve.
- Join a coaching institute or study group if you need help with your preparation.
The CTET exam is an important exam for candidates who aspire to become teachers. By following the tips above, candidates can increase their chances of success in the exam.